Oral Presentation Guidelines – Updated
A. Submission instructions
1.Duration of the Oral presentation is 08 minutes, followed by 02 minutes of Questions & Answers and 02 minute for switching the speaker.
2.Make sure your PPT presentation duration is 08 minutes and prepare a Video clip of it using zoom technology.
How to create video using zoom? watch video 1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BXjQ4x-H1s
watch video 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6cTbnUPwfY
3.Save the PPT and Video clip in one folder and name it as: Session No…., Name….., ABS No… (Session details will be shared in due course)
4.Send that folder on or before 9th June 2021, to the relevant Session Coordinator (IT). The details of the session coordinators as follows;
|Name of the Session Coordinator||Responsible Session Number/s||Email Address||Mobile Number|
|Mr. AK Lahiru Chamaraemail@example.com||0772669769|
|Mrs. N.D. Balasooriya||5 & firstname.lastname@example.org||0716127516|
|Mr. R.M.B.M. Rajaguru||3 & email@example.com||0777166022|
|Mr. G S K Saman Pererafirstname.lastname@example.org||0718111314|
|Mr. KGA Isanka Lakshan||4 & email@example.com||0726344803|
B. At the conference
1. You are required to join the Zoom conference meeting, at least 30 minutes prior to the presentation time, but participation from the beginning of the symposium is highly appreciated (Links will be shared in due course).
2. Your zoom appearing name should be : Abstract No + Your Name
3. You have to mute you microphone till you get the time for presentation.
4. Please present your presentation such that you will end on time.
5. Session Chair will be advised to keep a strict timing.
6. At the time of Questions and Answers
a. Participation is compulsory, if not presentation will not be considered
b. Keep on your video
Oral Presentation Guidelines
Oral presentations have a duration of 8 minutes, followed by 2 minutes of Q&A, and 1 minute for switching the speaker.
You are required to join the Zoom conference meeting, at least 30 minutes prior to the session, but participation from the beginning of the symposium is highly appreciated (Links will be shared in due course).
At the conference: Please present yourself to the Session Chair in advance of the session.
Please prepare your talk such that you will end on time. Session chairs will be advised to keep a strict timing.
Microsoft PowerPoint and Presentation Tips
Embedding media: PowerPoint embeds image files directly into the file when you save them, while video files are not embedded. Only a link is made to the video file. Copy the video clips you want to insert into the same folder as the PowerPoint file. This will eliminate the problem of PowerPoint losing the link to the file.
Streaming: If you want to stream media, it is advised to use local playback instead, as sufficient speed of the WiFi connection cannot be guaranteed at all times.
Fonts: Widely used sans serif fonts such as Arial or Helvetica is recommended for clarity and compatibility. Confirm a font size of at least 24 points for body text and 36 to 40 points for headings. Light colored text on a dark background is advised. Avoid using red or green. Confirm that the maximum number of lines in text slides is no more than 6 or 7.
Format: The best use of the given presentation space (screen) can be achieved by presenting in 16:9.
Evaluation of Oral presentations
Please note that the Oral presentation will be evaluated by panel of two judges and the best oral presentations will be selected.
e-Poster layout and formatting guidelines
Presentations in JPEG (image)
• Font – Arial, Calibri
• Background colour – Suitable light colour
• File format – Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt or .pptx)
• Final version to be saved as jpeg.
• Margins – Half an inch all sides
• Layout – Portrait orientation
• The poster should be displayed on ONE single slide ONLY
• The poster should contain the title of the paper, author(s), and affiliation(s), background, objectives, method, results, conclusion (acknowledgement if applicable).
• Please prepare Four Color, A3 size posters for the presentations in JPEG (image).
• Images: should be high-resolution images in one of these formats: .tiff, .jpeg, .bmp and .gif.
• Audio, video and hyperlinks will NOT be supported, hence not allowed.
• No text/image transition within a slide.
• All posters should carry a voice recording of with 3 minutes which describes the poster.
Three minutes voice recording of your poster presentation
• Record MS Power Point slide/ jpeg with vocal illustrations using Zoom Technology or power point recording (Refer the link https://youtu.be/Ok0VlnZFZHM.).need )
• All the recordings should be conducted in formal attire.
• Recordings should be carried out in a white background without background disturbances.
Evaluation of poster presentations
• Please note that the poster presentation will be evaluated by panel of two judges and the best three (03) poster presentations will be selected.
• You are required to join the Zoom conference meeting, at least 30 minutes prior to the session, but participation from the beginning of the symposium is highly appreciated (Links will be shared in due course).
The poster in JPEG (image) and the voice/video recording of the poster presentation for 3 minutes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st May 2021.
Please specify your particular Abstract ID when sending/uploading the video/ document (Ex- PP #- video presentation).
Late submissions will NOT be entertained.
Write your Poster number on the subject line of the email.
Eg : POASTER – ASN….
If you are IIM student or Intern medical officer at present, You should mention it as STUDENT POASTER – ASN…. on the subject line of the email.
You have to follow the guideline to prepare your poster.